Saturday 24 October 2015

October Favourites

Hey Guys! 

I'm back! I haven't posted in a while due to the overload of coursework at college and some private issues but I am finally back and from now on I am going to post twice a week as I will concentrate on improving my blog and youtube channel, so I hope it'll be much interesting from now on.

Past few weeks have been absolute hell and my life's been a mess as I've taken on way too many responsibilities to handle them on my own, but half term had just started so I have an opportunity to relax and cool off a bit before the next term, as well as catching up with coursework I am really behind in. On the bright side, I'm really close to beginning to feel confident when driving and therefore I will be booking my practical test soon! Excited and definitely happy as I will be able to drive to college in the cold weather (if I pass first time fingers crossed) instead of taking the bus every freezing morning. Currently driving a Peugeot I received from my grandparents last year for my 18th birthday, which I'm still getting used to as its a real challenge to drive that car, I already have another car waiting for me to pass the practical as my step dad was kind enough to pass his Alfa Romeo onto me! The comfort in that car in unreal. But first.. I NEED TO PASS!





Today's post is my 'October Favourites', which is generally anything I enjoyed using most this month, new beauty products I tried and clothing. I will be doing these towards the end of each month.



Not wearing makeup for almost 3 years, I thought it is time to start as I look about 12 without it. Plus, looking extra nice for a special event makes a girl feel 1,000 times better about herself. Shortly after a huge makeover that my friend Patricia had done on me, I bought all the essentials I needed to begin doing my own makeup. Photo above shows the Laroc contour pallet (right) and Laroc 120 eyeshadow pallet (left). The contour pallet was recommended to me by Patricia and I absolutely love using it, there is a variety of concealer colours and their creamy consistency blends in easily with my skin on top of the foundation I use. The eyeshadow pallet is every girls dream. It is a natural eyeshadow pallet, which is also available to buy in more bright colours. They stay on for a long period of time and blend in really nice together. Both were bought from amazon.



This is the primer I use under my foundation as the skin on my nose is very oily, this helps keep the foundation from coming off my face and staying on the whole day (or night). It is very delicate and recommended for people with a sensitive skin (like mine). Easy application. You can find those in any beauty stores like Boots or Superdrug for roughly £6-7.



Like most girls, I fill in my eyebrows on daily basis. As my eyebrows are naturally quite dark, I tend to not make it heavy and dark, but put on just enough to cover up some lighter spots. The BarryM eyebrow kit is definitely one of my favourites so far as the powder stays on for the whole day and night. Available in beauty stores like Superdrug and Boots but I have also seen them in River Island!



I know I'm not the only one who is struggling with blackheads and people try different methods to remove them. After months of searching for the right product as I have a very sensitive skin so most treatments I tried caused a rash on my face, I came across this deep treatment mask from Avon which my family friend recommended to me. I imagine there are better treatments out there, but this so far is the best one I used. If you have access to Avon products then I recommend buying this. It makes my face extra soft.



I never really used to wear scarfs, I thought to myself 'why' but I realised they actually not only keep you warm but make your outfit extra nice on a chilly day. These two are definitely my favourite and I wear them almost everyday. The red scarf I bought online on a website shein.com which has really nice clothes and accessories. I can't say it matches almost everything because it doesn't, but with the right colour combination, it looks super cute. The brown scarf is my number one. I wear it to absolutely anything as it is the kind of colour that suits everything. It is super warm and cozy. This one I bought in New Look for £12.99.



Since I finally learnt how to make an eyeliner flick, I searched for an eyeliner that'll make my job easier and this is the one. Another Avon product, £6. So easy to make straight simple flicks with because it is shaped like a highlighter.



The RealTechniques brushes are the bomb. They are super soft and make it so easy to apply makeup. I dislike that they are this expensive as its roughly £24 per set, but they are worth the price if you are a makeup addict. Every brush has writing on it which tells you exactly what that brush is for so it becomes handy if you forget which one to use.



Last but not least, my amazing M.A.C liquid studio fix foundation. As I mentioned earlier, my skin is super oily on my nose, and this foundation is made for women with an oily skin. It gives you a natural look and a matte finish, which I love as I hate it when my face is shiny. The pump I had to buy separately (cost me £4.50) as this bottle comes with a screw on cap which makes it hard to apply. It also lasts very long as you need the tiniest little bit to use on your whole face because its a full coverage foundation. (£22)

That's it for this post. I hope some of this was useful to you guys! I'm always happy answering any questions so please pop them down below or email me on samantha.abr96@gmail.com

Samantha x

Post a Comment

LATEST INSTAGRAMS

© S A M A N T H A ‌ ‍ ‎C ‌H ‌A ‌R ‌L ‌O ‌T ‌T ‌E ‌ ‍ ‎A ‌B R A M C Z Y K. Design by Fearne.