Wednesday 29 April 2015

First Uni Experience

Hey there!

In this post I want to tell you about my first 'university life' experience. Lets start from the beginning.. 

A few weeks back, I applied to take part in a fashion course at the UAL London College of Fashion, and I was lucky enough to be chosen! It was exciting and I couldn't wait for my first day.

Monday, 13th of April was my first day at the Hackney campus, 2h 30min train journey was ridiculous but definitely worth it. On the first day, I learnt how to make a blazer pocket, which doesn't sound complicated at all but it was quite a challenge, mainly because of the checkered material we have been given, having to make sure every line and square is aline with the material. I was quite proud of what I managed to put together in that day, especially since it was my first time using industrial machines and creating something with such a structure.



Tuesday 14th was the second day, which was based at the Shepherd's Bush campus, much closer to where I live so the journey wasn't that awful. That day my group had been introduced to knitting. I had a chance to use the knitting machines that I have never seen before in my life, another challenging task, I kept breaking that machine until I got the hang of it, where I managed to make a few cute 'scarf' looking pieces of material. I also had a chance to learn hand and finger knitting, which was probably the hardest thing I have ever tried in my life, as knitting requires patience that I unfortunately don't have.

Wednesday 15th was the last day, and definitely my favourite. This day we had a chance to get to know others in the group, whilst working on creating a 'professional' photoshoot, following the black and white theme. I enjoyed meeting new people and working with them, learning something new from one another. We have chosen who will do what in our group, where I was selected to be the model and the stylist, which meant I had the chance to choose the outfits for myself.


So before I write a whole essay about this, I want to move onto showing a few photos that are definitely my favourite.







I will definitely be posting a bit of my own photography soon.

Samantha

2 comments

  1. OMG I love you posts�� I hope to see more of your photography and learn a bit more about you��❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know that you're into creative subjects! The more of us the better ;) (I'm doing creative writing you see) I'd be interested in seeing your photography work soon. Keep the blog up!

    ReplyDelete

LATEST INSTAGRAMS

© S A M A N T H A ‌ ‍ ‎C ‌H ‌A ‌R ‌L ‌O ‌T ‌T ‌E ‌ ‍ ‎A ‌B R A M C Z Y K. Design by Fearne.